Book marketer Robyn Crummer-Olson talks to authors of all kinds about how to share their books with the world.
We had the pleasure of speaking with Robyn Crummer-Olson, where she shares the exciting news about her appointment as Publisher at Portland State University’s Ooligan Press. She delivers some real talk about her gold-star author marketing moves, as well as what will torpedo your book selling efforts.
I’d rather talk to 30 people who are raptly listening than 300 who are scrolling on their phones.
We also discuss Lady Cottington’s Pressed Fairy Book and Old Possum’s Book of Practical Cats. Remember when CATS was the talk of the town? What a long year it’s been.
Robyn Crummer-Olson has more than 12 years of experience in book publishing, working with best-selling, self-published authors and in well-established publishing houses. Before working in book publishing, she was a marketing and advertising copywriter and content strategist. She currently teaches Book Marketing and Publishing for Writers classes at Portland State University, and she coaches authors on manuscript development, book project management, and book marketing and publicity. She has a bachelor’s degree in Communication and Women’s Studies from Southwestern University in Georgetown, Texas, and a master’s degree in Writing with a specialization in Book Publishing from Portland State University..
Recommended Sales and Marketing Books from Robyn
- Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products by Nir Eyal
- The Long Tail: Why the Future of Business Is Selling Less of More by Chris Anderson
- Contagious: Why Things Catch On by Jonah Berger
- Give and Take: Why Helping Others Drives Our Success by Adam Grant
- Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content by Ann Handley
- Hit Makers: How to Succeed in an Age of Distraction by Derek Thompson
- This Is Marketing: You Can’t Be Seen Until You Learn to See by Seth Godin