It’s New Year, New You time! And we’re ringing in 2019 by interviewing seasoned Mind-Body-Spirit editor Emily Han, proprietor of Lyrical Editing. She gives us insight into the world of a freelance developmental editor—how she manages her time, navigates relationships with authors, and how she brings her own spiritual journey to the work she does.
As you may have guessed, we’re forced out of our sarcastic comfort zones as Emily encourages us to open up about spiritual explorations, the books that help us cope, and how we want to expand our reading horizons.
Some books Emily has edited:
- Be Nobody by Lama Marut
- Wisdom Rising by Lama Tsultrim
- The Awakened Woman by Dr. Tererai Trent
- Messages from the Divine by Sara Wiseman
Other books we discuss:
- When Things Fall Apart by Pema Chodron
- How to Change Your Mind by Michael Pollan
- The Road to Jonestown by Jeff Guinn
- Limetown (the podcast and the book)
- Underground: The Tokyo Gas Attack and the Japanese Psyche by Haruki Murakami